NFL's Top 10 Quarterbacks, according to NFL scouts
This post is available free to all readers. If you love the NFL draft and want the best inside information, rumors, scouting reports and mock drafts, please consider subscribing for just $7/month or $70/year. And don’t forget—starting September 1, the Draft Scout moves to $10/month for seasonal readers.
One of my favorite types of content is to get an idea for a question or column and send it out to a list of NFL scouts and decision-makers. Sometimes it’s a look at underrated and overrated players. Sometimes I’m asking them to rank prospects or even NFL coaches.
Today we’re asking them to rank the best quarterbacks in the NFL.
We reached out to 12 NFL scouts, coaches and decision-makers and asked them to simply rank the 10 best quarterbacks in the league. Each quarterback was given a point for where they ranked—i.e. a quarterback being ranked No. 1 overall gave them 10 points, a quarterback ranked No. 2 overall received nine points, and so on. Not very scientific, but it works.
We also asked the evaluators to forget about pre-draft rankings, the age of the player (so not factoring in longevity) but instead to focus on which quarterback they would want for the 2021 season.
With all that out of the way, here are the rankings and the scores for what NFL decision-makers believe are the top 10 quarterbacks for the upcoming season.
1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs (119 points)
2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (105 points)
3. Tom Brady, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (96 points)
4. Josh Allen, Buffalo Bills (88 points)
5. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks (72 points)
6. Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans (56 points)
7. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens (42 points)
8. Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers (33 points)
9. Dak Prescott, Dallas Cowboys (32 points)
10. Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams (16 points)
Josh Allen is not number 4 he is good but Tooo early to put him at 4
I’m a little shocked to see Herbert that high. He obviously had an incredible rookie year but that #8 (right now at least) seems a little rich.